Re: new snapshot -- fixes reported bugs?

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Mumit Khan wrote:
> > Yikes. I guess the new libgcc exception handling code includes one of
> > the Cygwin runtime headers, and you get a reference. This means that
> > -mno-cygwin is really hosed unless you get my mingw-extra package and
> > use the libgcc.a that's there.
>
> This way, I could compile strace.

That had better! Otherwise, we'd be in serious trouble.

> > You can also try -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti when building strace.exe and
> > see if that fixes it for now.
>
> But this doesn't help.

I didn't think it would, but worth a shot.

Any suggestions on how to handle this while building winsup without having
to multilib[1] gcc?

[1] multilibbing is a (painful) process which creates mulitiple runtime
libraries with varying characteristics. eg., a system that supports both
ELF and COFF needs two sets, a system that supports 32/64 bits two and
so on.

Regards,
Mumit