Re: AF_UNIX implementation for cygwin

On 3 Aug 1999 around 4:25PM (-0400) Chris Faylor wrote:

> This looks really cool.  Now I'm torn as to whether to put this
> into "B21" or to wait until afterwards.

Please put the AF_UNIX implementation into B21.

I've been using 'screen' on Cygwin since January. Both the FAQ and
Sergey's posts on the issue said it couldn't be done without FIFOs
(whatever they are) or Unix domain sockets. But, since I'm not a
programmer, those constraints don't apply to me!

Using Sergey's port of 'ssh' as a model, I made some awful hacks and
compiled 'screen' using internet sockets. Window management seems to
work well, but I haven't had time to hack up the session management
code.

Now, I've compiled 'screen' with the new CoolView dll and library
using Unix domain sockets. I suspect that session management will be
much more doable (with some help from others). But first...

...the AF_UNIX implementation needs to go into the snapshots.

Please.

-glenn

--
 )      Glenn Spell <glenn@gs.fay.nc.us>      )   _       _____