Re: updated ld [Re: binutils snapshot -- problems?]

On 11 Jan 2000, Kazuhiro Fujieda wrote:

> This works fine. Here is the output of `objdump -h' for the
> stripped new-cygwin1.dll. The output for the unstripped one is
> the same.

Whew! Thanks for doing all the testing, and getting back to me
so quickly ...

> The reason why the stripped binary couldn't work on NT4 Sp5 and
> W2K RC2 seems that `strip' over-stripped the .reloc section.
> John R. Hanson pointed out this to me by a private e-mail yesterday.
> I, however, didn't think the reason was so simple.

Ah, I think that might be it. I remember running into that a while ago,
and hadn't really kept up. I'll keep on checking. For now, I'm going to
release this snapshot for both Cygwin and Mingw, and hope things go
better. I'd like to hear back from a few more people who're running
tests on other software before I'd do that of course.

Regards,
Mumit