RE: Eliminating usr/i686-pc-cygwin

> > 3) Setup.exe can issue a warning, and remove the directory.

> 5) Setup.exe can issue a warning; move such files as
>    include/{_G_config.h,termcap.h}, include/X11/*, and lib/termcap.a
>    into /usr; and then remove the directory.
>
> I like solution 3. These files, however, are lost by simply
> applying this solution. Then we should repackage gdb, termcap,
> and gcc without usr/i686-pc-cygwin.

FYI, Chris has already asked me to repackage gcc with some minor fixes that
I have made.  I was already intending to eliminate this directory from gcc's
hierarchy.  I felt I should wait until the new cygwin release was ready so
that it was all in sync.  If all goes well I should be posting the update
this evening.

application/ms-tnef