Automatic Drive Mapping

I would like to propose an enhancement to automatically map drives
during "start up" similar to how Windows automatically (re)maps drives
during logon.  I'm not sure whether this functionality (if acceptable)
should go into the Cygwin DLL or something like login.

The reason that I'm proposing this feature is that the only way that I
was able to have a consistent set of mounts with both console and telnet
access was to use mount with UNC style Win32 paths.  Unfortunately, many
native Win32 apps can't deal with a UNC style path as their current
directory.

For example, my home directory is a share, \\cancerman\home.jt, which
Windows maps to H: during logon.  I would like Cygwin to perform this
mapping when I login via telnet, if necessary (ie, I am not currently
logged on at the console).

If this proposal is deemed reasonable, then I'll volunteer to help
define and implement it.

Thanks,
Jason

P.S. Sorry if this is considered off topic for the list.

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235