Re: Recent Changes have causes slowness.

On Wed, Oct 11, 2000 at 07:33:52AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>This is a heads up.  Some change within the past 10 - 14 days has caused Cygwin
>to use 100% of the CPU and take 3 to 5 times longer to build itself.  I'll try
>to track this down, but maybe one of you might remember something that would
>have caused this.
>
>BTW, I'm also seeing the sporadic exiting from bash.  I was going to provide an
>strace but I can't get that to work for some reason.

If you're running strace from a bash shell and you have mounted the bin
directory containing it with '-X', then you need to mount the strace program
itself as:

mount -x x:\cygwin\bin\strace.exe /bin/strace.exe
mount -x x:\cygwin\bin\strace.exe /bin/strace

Otherwise cygwin will use the new method for passing arguments to strace
which strace is not aware of.

I really do believe that something is using CPU and that bash exits.

I can't duplicate it but I believe it.

Can you send cygcheck output so that I can try to duplicate your
environment?