RE: doctool.c patch

DJ,

The code as is doesn't work on the link farms generated by an
all-target-winsup.

The test for using stat vs. lstat is done at compile time due to the test

#ifdef S_ISLNK
#define STAT lstat
#else
#define STAT stat
#endif

Since cygwin has S_ISLNK defined, lstat is used. This works fine for regular
files, but files which are actual symlinks don't pass the
S_ISREG(st.st_mode) test. This appears in the all-target-winsup scenario
above.

The all-target-foo setup generates real directories, but symlinks everything
else. The code as is works fine in the winsup/doc directory, but not in a
full binutils chain. By adding the S_ISLNK test, we can get both situations
to work.

But when I think about it, it's a bit cleaner to follow your suggestion of
changing the lstat to a stat, and use S_ISREG. It's one less comparison and
accomplishes the same thing.

In any case, I understand the reasoning behind the disallowing symlinks,
when you recursively descend a source tree. However, I would argue that
keeping the paradigm of the all-target-foo is probably worth doing. Both
winsup and newlib does that, as well as a number of the gcc subdirectories.
At the moment, the doctool breaks in a unified source tree.

Since I like having the source unified because it allows me to test the
winsup stuff in conjunction with a dozen or so apps, I find it useful.

So, what do you suggest?