Re: New subdirectory in winsup

On Sat, May 05, 2001 at 12:01:40AM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> Wow! Thank you for this!!!
>
> I recall it being a big task :]
>
> I do hope it wasn't _too_ big.

The real big task is to get all needed information. That's cruel.
If you see the size of the result you will be surprised how small
the code is. Basically it's just the cygsuba.c and the subauth
function in cygwin/security.cc.

BUT, I forgot to mention two important points in my previous mail:

- How to uninstall the cygsuba.dll?

  If you never used it after reboot: Just remove it.
  Otherwise reboot and remove it then.
  Don't forget to remove the registry entry as well!

- Restrictions:

  You have absolutely and under no circumstances access to
  network drives. Full stop.

  If anybody figures out why and provides a patch to allow
  network drive access I will spend that person a six pack
  of his/her favorite drink. This offering is valid up to
  2002-05-04.

Red Hat, Inc.