Re: system_printf

Hi!

Sunday, 06 May, 2001 egor duda deo@logos-m.ru wrote:

>>> it prints to (GetStdHandle (STD_ERROR_HANDLE))
>>>
>>> this may be console, and may be not (is stderr is redirected).
>>>

RC>> Thanks for looking... I ran into this minor problem while debugging the
RC>> broadcast problem. I cannot explain _why_ its not always printing, just
RC>> that it isn't. ( I had unconditional system_printfs as part of the test
RC>> code).

RC>> I'll see if I can work up a reproducible test case.

ed> i suspect this can be symptom of tty output code. if some application
                                    ^ problem in

ed> runs with stderr directed to tty, GetStdHandle (STD_ERROR_HANDLE) is
ed> read end of pipe from slave to master. so, system_printf puts nessage
    ^^^^ write, not read

ed> into this pipe, but will it appear on console -- depends on correct
ed> master-slave communication. there's at least one known unsolved
ed> problem with that communication, which, afair lead to missing output
ed> from system_printf (see thread
ed> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2001-q1/msg00106.html)
ed> please note, that attached patch is incorrect, and i still don't know
ed> a good way to work around it. of course, there may be other problems.