Re: A cygwin mailing list experiment

On Tue, May 08, 2001 at 09:05:29AM -0400, Norman Vine wrote:
>Christopher Faylor writes:
>>
>>It looks like I have things tuned well enough to accomodate the recent
>>increases in activity.  I do think that there are procedural ways to
>>deal with the problems in the list, though.
>>
>>Improving cygwin's documentation and making it available as a man or
>>info page is one way.
>>
>>Weekly FAQ submissions is another.
>>
>>Standardized FAQ-like responses to repeated queries (e.g., "Why doesn't
>>chmod work") is another.
>
>Have you cosidered having a wiki based Cygwin FAQ
>
>There are many but this is one of the better ones.
>http://twiki.org/

We've talked about FOM in the past.  This seems similar.

I think it would end up being like the todo list now.  About, every
other day, we get a submission that says something like "Me want Fortran
66, you get."

I assume that any collaborative system involving cygwin users would
degrade to the lowest common denominator, which is pretty low (I said
I was cynical).

This is also the reason that we don't have a Cygwin bug reporting
system.