Re: secur32.dll not present on winnt 4.0 sp 5

On Wed, May 09, 2001 at 08:42:28PM +0400, egor duda wrote:
> Hi!
>
>   there's no secur32.dll on my system. LsaDeregisterLogonProcess() can
> be only found in 'ntoskrnl.exe'. so, Corinna's latest LSA code doesn't

:-(((

I have searched for more than an hour to get more information
and it seems you're right. secur32.dll is only available on 9x and
W2K. Interesting enough that Tivoli is using these Lsa functions
as well even on NT4. There must be some other way to get function
pointers to these functions.

I just tried a test application which calls LoadLibrary("ntoskrnl.exe")
and then GetProcAddress("LsaLogonUser") which succeeded on both,
NT4 and W2K. Unfortunately, calling that function raises an access
violation. Sure, but nevertheless bad luck.

If somebody could give me a hint how to call the Lsa functions on
NT4, I would be very glad.

> work. i'm afraid that msdn is wrong stating that
> LsaDeregisterLogonProcess requires NT 3.1 or later. freshly installed
> visual C++ 6.0 sp 3 doesn't have secur32.lib

Secur32.lib is part of the Platform SDK.

Sigh. It seems as if I have to dump the subauth DLL and have to
use NTCreateToken instead. This has the advantage that the
complete code could be part of cygwin1.dll instead of requiring
another DLL in /WINNT/system32 but it requires the
SE_CREATE_TOKEN permission. I have just checked that NtCreateToken
is exported by NTDLL.DLL on NT4 and W2K, so at least that should
be no problem...

Red Hat, Inc.