storing symlink in extended attribute (on ntfs)

Hi!

  i've modified cygwin slightly to store symlink value in shortcut's
extended attribute, and to try to get it from there. my (rough)
benchmarking shows 30%-50% speedup in symlink resolution code.

turn ntea "on" before running.

create_tree.sh creates tree structure used for benchmarking,
traverse_tree.sh is actual "benchmark"

the patch is only proof-of-concept. of course, if will be cleaned up
(work only on ntfs, better error checking, etc.) if we decide we need
such functionality in cygwin.

Comments?

egor.            mailto:deo@logos-m.ru icq 5165414 fidonet 2:5020/496.19

traverse_tree.sh