Re: What is dtable

Earnie Boyd wrote:
> Huh!?  What do you mean by the "top of the develop tree"?  By going to
> the top of the build directory (remember you're not supposed to be
> building in the source directory) and doing `make clean' worked for me.

Hum,

I have a /usr/develop and within /usr/develop I have inst/, obj/ and
src/.  All my source from cvs is under the src/ directory which includes
etc/, include/, docbook-tools/, libiberty/, newlib/, and winsup/.  My
original configure and make were performed in obj/ (ie /usr/develop/obj)
which resulted in 3 subdirectories: etc/, libiberty/, and
i686-pc-cygwin/.  I am using a script that Trevor Forbes provided that
was originally based on one that Chris had provided (I was told).  At any
rate as part of this script after it performs a cd to /usr/develop/obj,
it does a make clean.  Then it does the make.

After Chris' response I went back and looked at the
/usr/develop/obj/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin directory and it had a lot
of old object files.  So I cd'd into that directory and did a make clean
and then went back and did my make and sure enough I got a clean build.

By this I am assuming that from (what I call the top of the development
tree) /usr/develop/obj a make clean does not recurse through all the
subdirectories (ie winsup/cygwin, winsup/cinstall)  as I have had
problems with this in the past.  It may be a bad assumption but the
evidence sort of pointed that way.  Could it be the fact it is running in
a script.

Bk

Here is the script - in case someone sees something here that I am doing
wrong to cause this

#!/bin/sh -x
#eg  my dir structure is
#/e/src/cygwin/  == $cyg
#/e/src/cygwin/obj/....
#/e/src/cygwin/inst/....
#/e/src/cygwin/src/winsup/.....
#
#The first time you use the script, it should build the whole tree, after
#which, it should only build setup.
#
#tested on win2k, gcc version gcc-2.95.2-9 2nd edition and cygwin-1.1.8
#
#Note, this is just a modified "Chris build script" and has been posted
#before..
#
#Hope it helps
#
#Regards Trevor
#

#export cyg=/e/src/cygwin
export cyg=/usr/develop
export instdir=$cyg/inst
export srcdir=$cyg/src
export objdir=$cyg/obj
export CC_FOR_TARGET=/usr/bin/gcc
export CXX_FOR_TARGET=/usr/bin/c++

#cd $srcdir/winsup
#cvs update

if [ ! -d "$objdir" ]; then
  mkdir -p "$objdir"
fi

cd $objdir

$srcdir/configure --enable-debugging --host=i686-pc-cygwin \
    --target=i686-pc-cygwin --enable-haifa --prefix=/usr \
    --exec-prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --libdir=/usr/lib \
    --includedir=/nonexistent/include

cd $objdir
# remove for cinstall build only
#cd $objdir/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cinstall

make clean

make CFLAGS="-g -O2" CXXFLAGS="-g -O2" CCFLAGS="-g -O2" tooldir=/usr

if [ ! -d "$instdir" ]; then
  mkdir -p "$instdir"
fi

make install prefix=$instdir/usr exec_prefix=$instdir/usr \
   bindir=$instdir/usr/bin libdir=$instdir/usr/lib \
   sysconfdir=$instdir/etc includedir=$instdir/usr/include \
   tooldir=$instdir/usr