Re: What is dtable

Earnie Boyd wrote:
> Ok.  So did *YOU* do the `make clean' from /usr/develop/obj or are you

*I* did the make clean in /usr/develop/obj/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin
after I realized something was wrong per Chris' response.

> assuming the `make clean' in the script above did the clean?  If the

*I* was assuming the script would perform the 'make clean' which I
thought was the purpose of the script to keep me from having to remember
all the things to type.

> latter the script is only executing the clean in the
> i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cinstall directory

*I* don't see this in the script - as the cd to
i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cinstall is a comment (unless # character is no
longer a comment) would this not mean that the previous cd to
/usr/develop/obj would be the last one to occur and thus the script would
be running the 'make clean' in that directory.

> Which is not in the top build
> directory!

The top directory is /usr/develop/obj which was the last place cd'd to
before the make clean.

> If the former I don't understand why it would work for me
> and not you.

*I* don't either, obviously - maybe it's the evil Win95 vs WinNt thing
again.  I can only assume my script does not type so well and in the
future *I* must type the 'make clean' myself from the appropriate
directory instead of relying on a script to perform that action for me.

If I upset you by insinuating that make would not do recursion - my
apologies.  I obviously made an incorrect assumption and once again shot
my mouth off.  One of these days I hope to learn to engage my brain
before engaging my mouth.