Re: What is dtable

Earnie Boyd wrote:
> Wait, you're doing a configure prior to the make clean.  That could be
> the problem since the initial Cygwin makefile is a special make run that
> establishes the makefiles for the subdirectories.  You should try moving
> the `make clean' before the configure and see if that helps.

That did it :-)  Moving the make clean before the configure did the trick.
I did it again both ways just to be sure and sure enough - make clean
after the configure in the script does not remove all it should but when
placed before the configure it removed all of the build for cygwin,
cinstall and so on just as it should.

I noticed that when configure is run it changes the date on the makefile
and wondered if that might be part of it.  Doesn't make do some date
checking and so if the make clean is run after the configure changed the
date on the makefile that might cause some bad date comparisons and thus
some objects not get removed.  Ooorrrr, it could just be that configure
changes the make file enough that make clean doesn't know what all to
clean - which I think is sort of want you might have been inferring.

Thanks for the help Earnie.

bk