Re: Setup version in setup.log

----- Original Message -----
From: "Christopher Faylor" <cgf@redhat.com>
To: <cygwin-developers@cygwin.com>
Sent: Monday, May 28, 2001 13:56
Subject: Re: Setup version in setup.log

> On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 11:42:31PM -0700, Michael A. Chase wrote:
> >It would make it easier to track some of the problems with setup.exe if
it
> >wrote it's version as part of the startup message in setup.log.  Tonight
> >discovered the opengl libraries in c:\cygwin\usr\lib\;
>
> This was multiply reported as an error in setup by many people
> and singly reported as fixed by me.

My point was that it would be easier to be sure that the misplaced files
were due to that fixed problem if I could be sure what version of setup.exe
had installed them. Hence my suggestion and patch to add the version number
to the startup message.

I should have sent the patch to cygwin-patches.  I will do so now if you
like.