Re: isspace() & i18n

>>> On Wed, 30 May 2001 18:11:56 +0400
>>> egor duda <deo@logos-m.ru> said:

> i think we should either conform to standard and explicitly convert
> types or define appropriate strings as unsigned char*, (typedef PATH_STR,
> perhaps), or define cygwin_is*() as macros that do the conversion, or,
> as glibc does, expand _ctype to allow indices in range [-128,256].

The last is preferable.

The ISO C standard specifies is* facilities operate properly on
all values representable as type `char' and type `unsigned char'.
It depends on implementation whether char is signed or unsigned.
The is* facilities should operate on range [-128,256] on the
implementation where char is singied.
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  School of Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology