Re: Problems with autoconf-2.52 testsuite using current CVS Cygwin

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 11:02:06AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 05:04:00PM +0930, Trevor Forbes wrote:
>>For info.
>>
>>I rebuilt ash with the following line changed in shell.h
>># ifdef __CYGWIN__
>>#  undef VFORK
>>#  define VFORK 1   -> 0
>>
>>All autoconfig test pass, I rebuilt and checked autoconf (CVS ver) 3 times
>>to see if the was any  problems and it is rock solid....
>>
>>I don't see the premissions problems Chuck is getting but I use Admin
>>rights.
>
>Ok.  We seem to be slowly zeroing in on the problem.  Is someone willing
>to debug what's going on?  Why are the files deleted with
>VFORK/no-vfork?
>
>Has anyone tried turning off VFORK in cygwin and seeing if that solves
>the problem, too?
>
>We need to understand what mechanism is not being triggered to delete these
>files.

Anyone working on this?  I'd like to make a new release someday and this
should obviously be fixed.

It would be wonderful if I didn't have to actually load the newest version
of autoconf on my system and debug this after all of the previous debugging
attempts.