Re: jik, cwilson, earnie -- show stoppers

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 06:42:59PM -0400, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>
>> You guys have all identified show-stopper problems that I can't duplicate.
>>
>> Do you have any further feedback?  I know that Chuck is working on his problem
>> but I haven't seen anything from Jonathan since his intial response to my
>> month-old email message about rsync/vfork.
>>
>> If Earnie could send his cygcheck output from the machine where he was having
>> his problem and an exact sequence of commands to duplicate the problem, I will
>> try to duplicate it too.
>>

>Well, I checked to see if the new bash release helped and it didn't.
>I've attached the cygcheck.out.  The commands are simply:
>
>  make >& makelog.out
>  ^Z
>  bg

I really don't understand this.  CTRL-Z should not be able to stop make
unless make is waiting for input.  That is the only way that ^Z should
work with CYGWIN=notty.  What does makelog.out have in it?  It is not
waiting for input, is it?  Where are you doing the make?  Are you in
the winsup directory?

Could you verify that this still fails with the most recent cvs version?  Your
version was apparently built last Wednesday.

cgf