RE: Need name and functionality suggestions for a new utility

Well, chroot doesn't address shmid's and the like, and this will need
to.

> So, I've got everything written to accomodate this usage but I'm stuck
> on a name.  I don't like cygisolate but I can't think of
> anything else.
>
> Does anyone have an idea for a name?  Or even an idea for more
> functionality for this utility?  Now that I think of it, this utility
> should also change the shared memory id so that there are no conflicts
> between this cygwin and another running instance.

Also mmap id's, and any named objects that are file path/name based will
need alteration (prefix with 'MyOwnCygwin' ?). The cygwin daemon is
going to need adjustment for this as well.

> cygjail maybe?
> cygisland?
> cygme?

cygme with your coding trick? (aplogies to Ian Dury).

I like isolate, it's pretty clear, and shouldn't create mental conflict
with 'jail' or 'chroot'. Also, howabout 'cygvirtual' or 'cygalternate' ?

Or even 'cygXP :}'.

mycyg might be another one.

Rob