Re: setup.exe stalled?

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 03:59:48AM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> [...]

The first time through, categories are displayed along with packages that
will be installed by default.

The second time through, no packages are displayed.  If I click on Base,
it shows all of the packages, as if this was a "Full" display but only
the previously selected packages are actually selected for installation.

If I hit Back and then Next, the display is "normal".  Only the packages
that are auto-selected for installation are displayed.

>> Hmm.  How does this work?  Are we still selecting everything for
>> installation?  I guess we should probably only be selecting the "Base"
>> installation and allow people to click on "Development" and get
>> everything under Development if they want, etc.
>
>We only select (IIRC-hard coded in select.c) 'base' (case insensitive) +
>and dependencies. And that only happends when prev/curr/exp are
>selected. Changing the view *should not* change selections.

I don't see the word "base" anywhere that looks pertinent in the cinstall
directory.  I do see this in the default_trust function in choose.cc, though:

if (pkg->category && !(getpackagecategorybyname (pkg, "Required") ||
  getpackagecategorybyname (pkg, "Misc")))

I wonder if this is my handiwork.  This is the mechanism that would choose
things, right?