Re: quandary with pthreads

Rob,

thank you that you are willing to add my patches.

FYI, the logic of the mutex stuff is running in pthreads-win32 about 1 1/2
years now unchanged (guess who has contributed).

I will try to add some of the testcases from pthreads-win32.

I still see some problems with WIN95 since it lacks support for
InterlockedCompareExchange which is required in pthread_mutex_trylock
(and the fact that InterlockedIncrement and Decrement return only 0,
positive or negative instead of the real counter value).

I have created assembler versions for the Interlocked functions that work
fine unless they are made inline (see attachment). Maybe someone with a
better understanding of gcc inline assembler might have a look at it).

Nevertheless adding these functions will drop support for the good old
i386.

Greetings,
Thomas