Re: quandary with pthreads

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> Nope.  I'm not going to look at this.  One or both of you need to
> clarify what is going on here.  Sending a diff where nearly every line
> is changed (thanks to gratuitous formatting difference?) is not a help.

You may notice that most of the changes were tabs in your source and
spaces in the other. Attached is a whitespace ignored diff.

> I certainly appreciate the effort involved in tracking down the problem.
> I would appreciate a little more effort in showing what the problem
> actually was.

The most important problem was that you didn't create an
InterlockedCompareEchange function. If you did i never had any problems,
because thats were i failed. After creating some versions i had one that
worked when not inlined. I didn't realize the missing volatile.

Thomas