Re: setregid() and setreuid() implementation proposal

Christopher Faylor wrote:
May I dream?  Let's break binary compatibility with 1.3 and switch
over to 64 bit off_t/fpos_t etc and 32bit uid_t/gid_t once and for all.
No big chnanges to newlib needed then.  We could get rid of all
func32/func64 function pairs... sounds like holiday on Hawaii.

That would imply a cygwin2.dll.  Do we really want to go there?  I could
get rid of my signal-compatibility hacks, too.  And the termios hacks,
and...

FWIW, and that shouldn't be much, yes, I've thought it was time last year for a cygwin2.dll. As long as cygwin1.dll and cygwin2.dll can live together it shouldn't be that big of a hardship.

Earnie.