Re: [corinna-cygwin@cygwin.com: Re: Failed non-blocking connect returnsincorrect errno on AF_UNIX protocol]

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Did you see this, Thomas?

AFAICS, the solution would probably be to switch to blocking as you
suggested yesterday.  On a quick glance I don't see another reliable
way to get the desired behaviour otherwise.

I think this is a typical WINSOCK problem.
On *NIX i always get a "connection refused" immediately for local connections even if the socket is nonblocking. WINSOCK always seems to return EINPROGRESS under such conditions.

Since it can not take to much time even to determine whether a connect can be made for local connections i see no problem here.

Thomas