a couple proposed patches

Christopher,

I have a couple patches that I would like to submit.  I'm querying
first to see if you are interested in accepting them, before I go
and do the work necessary to generate the patches for submission.

PATCH 1 -- a patch that eliminates the need for TerminateThread() when
reading pipes.  A read() on a pipe starts a thread, but it is left
running in the background if a signal happens before the read
finishes.  It works fine, but there are a couple things that need
to be cleaned up that will be easier with your knowledge of the
Cygwin internals.

PATCH 2 -- a patch to make strace output go directly to a memory-mapped
file, with very minimal inter-thread interference (one call to
InterlockedAdd() is the only "locking").

Are you interested in either of these?
--
Joe Buehler