Re: Cygdaemon - planning

- ipc/sem/shm

   as the ipc and shm code is pretty much complete, all it needs is final
   touches and the implementation of semaphores, which is not that hard. I have
   shm{ctl,op,get} mostly complete but it's in a mess as I;ve not touched it in
   months. IMO, this should be the first thing to be worked on and exported.

Very nice.

I still plan to publish cygipc2 as soon as 1.5.0 comes out; it's ready to upload (except for that pesky "linked against a snapshot" problem; waiting...)

(cygipc2 is just cygipc, compiled against the 1.5.0-ish kernel, using cygwin1.dll's 64bit ftok(), etc etc. Nothing fancy.)

  winsup/
    cygdaemon/
      ipc-utils/  - a few command line utilities (still a work in progress)

Hmm...coupled with the upcoming release of cygipc2, I've moved many of the ipc tools into cygutils (cygutils-2.x release is also awaiting 1.5.0)

Here are the tools that I've ported into cygutils:

(From cygipc-1.x distro, moved to cygutils. On linux, these are part of the util-linux distribution -- which is where most of the tools in cygutils originated. So, cygutils seems like the right place for these tools.)

ipcrm.8
ipcrm.c
ipcs.8
ipcs.c
ipck

These have been in cygutils for a while -- taken from the Linux Programming Guide, Chp 6 (IPC).

msgtool.c
semtool.c
semstat.c
shmtool.c