Re: Cygdaemon - planning

On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc.) wrote:

> Elfyn McBratney wrote:

> >>But Corinna wasn't necessarily concerned about official cygwin packages,
> >>if I am understanding this correctly.
> >>
> >>(Can you tell that I don't have a really strong opinion on this one way
> >>or the other?  :-))
> >

> > Me neither. :-)
> >
> > If the caller doesn't check the return value, then it's not our fault, and thus
> > not out problem. :-)
>
> In relative terms of course.  Whether "our" fault or not, the list will
> be the first place the confused user turns.  It behooves us to find a way
> to mitigate, if not eliminate, this list noise if at all possible.

It's just good programming practice IMO, which, granted, a lot of Cygwin list
user's do not have. ;-) If we start getting lot's of confused gnomes trying to
use, say shmop, and have problems..it could become a new FAQ. :-) I'm lloking
forward to. It certainly makes a change from "wtf is su?!?!?" type questions.
Cygserver's motto could be "We're mean..even when remote!"..

Elfyn