Re: cygpath and SHGetSpecialFolderPath

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
> > While reading the thread about the cygpath problem, I looked into the
> > code and found that the code is using SHGetSpecialFolderLocation/
> > SHGetPathFromIDList.  The same output could be achieved by just calling
> > SHGetSpecialFolderPath.  The only problem with this function is that
> > it expects IE4 to be installed.  Is that a showstopper for using that
> > function in cygpath?  Does anybody honestly still use an IE < 4.0?
> >
> > Corinna
>
> There was some discussion on this a while back, I don't recall exactly
> on which list.  I'll keep looking and post a link once I find it.
> 	Igor

I believe I was thinking of the following thread:
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-10/msg01456.html>...  On second look, it
doesn't seem to answer your question.

This usage could also be historical, though, since SHGetSpecialFolderPath
wasn't even exported in w32api until 2.0, and didn't work correctly until
2.1.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/