Re: /cygdrive in CVS? Time for 1.5.6 soon.

On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 01:07:00PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 12:06:41PM -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> >On Mon, 1 Dec 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >
> >> Can anyone duplicate the supposed problem of not being able to use
> >> /cygdrive that the person in the cygwin mailing list is complaining
> >> about?  Supposedly it has been broken in recent snapshots for this
> >> guy.
> >>
> >> If not, would someone be willing to work with this person to track the
> >> problem down?  I'd like to release 1.5.6 soon and, if this is a real
> >> problem, it is not one that we can ignore.
> >>
> >> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin/2003-11/msg00891.html
> >
> >I may be completely off-track here, but looking at the interpretation of
> >his /cygdrive/c permissions by Cygwin, and considering that Windows error
> >122 is "The data area passed to a system call is too small", could it be
> >related to the ntsec problem you reported in
> ><http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2003-11/msg00017.html>?  Or has
> >that been fixed (or worked around) in the snapshots?
>
> I don't see how it could be related or why a change in the snapshot would
> cause this to stop working but maybe Corinna or Pierre could comment.

I'm wondering what should have changed in 20031108 which could result
in this error.   I've added the code which allocates the correctly sized
buffer in read_sd on 20031126 so, if it's really a buffer size problem,
the 20031127 snapshot should have solved this problem eventually.

Red Hat, Inc.