Re: Using eCos code in Cygwin

Nicholas Wourms wrote:

> vinschen@redhat.com wrote:
>
> > On Jan 21 15:09, Nicholas Wourms wrote:
> >
> >>Hi All,
> >>
> >>I've been working on integrating the full bind resolver into Cygwin and,
> >

> > Is that different from what we already have in minres?
>
> Yes.  I'm taking a slightly different approach then Pierre.  I believe
> he is using bind8 sources, whilst I'm using the latest bind9 w/ FreeBSD
> sources.

Actually minires was done from scratch.

> My goal is to provide a single, uniform resolver across all
> platforms, with the source code as clean as possible of any kluges.  I
> know that either people are going to call me crazy or flame me for what
> I'm saying, but, hey, it's just my opinion.  Frankly, I'm sick of seeing
> one thing done 4 different ways because Microsoft can't get its act
> together and release a unified winsock3 for all versions of Windows[1].

That's the difference: minires doesn't know about winsock, and it can
even avoid using cygwin sockets (0.98 on Win2000+).

<snip>
>  Anyhow, I'd like to keep the /etc/resolv.conf as the central
> configury point.  If it doesn't exist, then I'll grab the "nameserver"
> and "search" information from the registry.

Same order for minires, although my recommendation is to use
/etc/resolv.conf only if the Windows registry info is inadequate
for some strange reason.

Pierre