Re: ptmalloc2?

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 10:35:48PM -0500, GARY VANSICKLE wrote:
>On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 01:00:07AM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 11:27:08PM -0500, GARY VANSICKLE wrote:
>>>[snip]
>>>
>>>Brian, is there some reason you continue to insist on trying to
>>>contribute anything whatsoever to Cygwin?  Isn't it clear to you yet
>>>that Cygwin already has far more contributors than the project can
>>>handle already?  Now stop forcing Chris to waste his valuable time
>>>chewing you out for page upon page and let the poor soul get back to
>>>coding.
>>>
>>>The nerve of some people.
>>
>>Am I correct in assuming that my communication style has caused you to
>>become unwilling to contribute to development of the cygwin DLL?  If so,
>>please unsubscribe from cygwin-developers.
>
>[replying to the list; Mr.  Faylor erroneously sent email to me
>personally, and I of course know he does not appreciate replies in
>kind]

I guess I need to clarify this point since there may be some other
people here who could be similarly confused.

Like most of the rest of cygwin tech support, I do redirect most private
cygwin-related tech questions to the cygwin list.  However, if I
initiate a private conversation, like most people, I would prefer that
the discussion stay private.  If I know you or you have an issue you
want to discuss which clearly isn't for public consumption, I certainly
will honor private communications as well -- again like most of the
other people in the cygwin mailing list (I suspect).

I have my email set up pretty nicely so that when I send a private note
it is normally on purpose.  If you suspect that I made a mistake, then
please ask me privately if it is a mistake rather than just assuming
that I made a mistake and responding publicly.

Thanks.