Re: [MinGW-dvlpr] Use automake for mingw-runtime?

Posted on DATE by AUTHOR Aaron W. LaFramboise
> Would there be any problem using automake to generate Makefile.in for
> mingw-runtime?
>
> The reason I'm asking is that it makes maintaining dejagnu rules easier,
> and probably other rules as well.

I don't have a problem with it as long as the existing targets and actions
don't change.  You will need to do a test build of Cygwin or have one of
the cygwin-developers help you do that after you make your change.  The
Makefile.in needs to be maintained after being generated within the
sources.redhat.com CVS source tree; i.e.: you may not remove the
Makefile.in from CVS and each regenerated version needs committed.

Earnie.