This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin_internal (CW_SET_cygwin_REGISTRY_NAME)
- From: Christopher Faylor <me at cgf dot cx>
- To: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:22:29 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygwin_internal (CW_SET_cygwin_REGISTRY_NAME)
- References: <419A1A22.39B7B3E6@ieee.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Nov 16, 2004 at 10:17:54AM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>I have just noticed that the registry location of the mounts
>can be modified by cygwin_internal (CW_SET_CYGWIN_REGISTRY_NAME)
>In path.cc one finds
>#define CYGWIN_REGNAME (cygheap->cygwin_regname ?: CYGWIN_INFO_CYGWIN_REGISTRY_NAME)
>This applies only to locations under HKLM, not HKCU, except in the
>case of writing and deleting (but not reading) the cygdrive, where
>it applies to both HKLM and HKCU.
>Given that the current implementation is broken and that the feature
>is undocumented, do we want to keep it? If we keep it, how should it
>work (only HKLM or both HKLM and HKCU)?
I probably put that there six years ago or so but I don't remember
why I thought it would be useful.
Please nuke it.