Re: gcc4 and local statics

On Wed, May 18, 2005 at 02:39:56PM -0700, Brian Dessent wrote:
>I'm still seeing the cygheap_user::init problem, but it's looking very
>probable that it's just another case of a static object that was
>supposed to be initialized but is actually 0.

AFAICT, the vast majority of the cases of static initialization in
cygwin seem to assume link-time initialization rather than runtime
initialization so moving things to file scope is actually the right
solution.

I've just done more than half of them and actually fixed one function
which wasn't thread safe.