Re: problem adding complex to newlib/cygwin

On Oct  4 10:48, Marco Atzeri wrote:

> > > eventually if I succeed on this first step.... :-?
> >
> > I didn't mean to poke you to do it, but, if you're
> > interested in
> > that (and in math, which I'm not), that would be way cool.
> >

> > Corinna
> >

> Hi Corinna,
> I have two months relative quiet in front of me,
> so I will try one problem after the other.
> After that I will start with a new company and I suspect
> I will be very busy for the full next year.

Partial support for long double would already be quite a win!

> Another question, building with my patch (and with an
> ineffective namespace.h as you highlighted)
> I have now the complex type, but I lost somewhere
> the new functions:
>
> they are here:
> ./i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/libm/libm.a
> ./i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/libm.a
>
> $ ls -sh i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/libm.a
> 984K i686-pc-cygwin/newlib/libm.a
>
> but not here:
> ./i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin/libm.a
>
> $ ls -sh i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin/libm.a
> 52K i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin/libm.a
>
> Should I register somewhere the additional functions
> for the correct inclusion ?
> cygwin.din or cygwin.def ??

cygwin.din.  cygwin.def is created from cygwin.din.  The def file
specifies what functions are exported at all.  Just add the new
functions to cygwin.din with a NOSIGFE flag.

Btw., you'll note that cabs and cabsf are already available
(from newlib/libm/math/w[f]_cabs.c files):

  cabs NOSIGFE
  _cabs = cabs NOSIGFE
  cabsf NOSIGFE
  _cabsf = cabsf NOSIGFE

The underscore variations are there as a result of a wrong sense of
backward compatibility.  We don't do that anymore for new functions.
So, you just have to add the version without leading underscore, for
instance:

  cexp NOSIGFE
  cexpf NOSIGFE