This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: pthread_barrier_* API implementation
- From: Yaakov Selkowitz <yselkowitz at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin-developers at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 01:38:02 -0600
- Subject: Re: pthread_barrier_* API implementation
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56AEFE2C dot 3090901 at gmail dot com>
On 2016-02-01 00:41, VÃclav Haisman wrote:
On rakudo.org () pages, I have noticed that the pthread_barrier_*
POSIX API is missing from Cygwin. I took a look at NetBSD and FreeBSD
implementations of it. It seemed to me that creating POSIX barrier on
top of POSIX mutex and POSIX conditional variable is not that hard ().
Now, the question is whether this is acceptable and whether it should be
part of Newlib or directly part of Cygwin?
IMO a barriers implementation would be welcome. winsup/cygwin/thread.cc
would be the place for it.
Second, if I should pursue that, or if anyone who knows either Newlib or
Cygwin better than I wants to mould the source into an acceptable form.
I would not mind somebody else doing it. :D
I have, in the past, contributed small patches to Cygwin and I had done
the necessary copyright assignment paper work, so copyright should not
be a problem.
That would certainly be a prerequisite.