This is the mail archive of the cygwin-licensing mailing list for the cygwin project.

Re: Bug in Cygwin Windows 8 group permissions

On Dec  6 01:19, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 12:43:50AM -0500, Chaz Littlejohn wrote:
> >On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 4:26 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> >> The most simple way to accomplish this is to add a sources download
> >> URL where you provide the source packages of all the OSS packages you
> >> use.  It's not *that* much work.
> >
> >No problem, we'll add those links to the terms.
>
> Just to be really clear: These links should not be to the Cygwin web site.
> You need to provide the exact sources that go with the binaries that you
> distribute.  You can't rely on the Cygwin site to provide those.

Exactly.  Apparently my wording was unclear.  What I was trying to say
is that you, Chaz, could create a sources download area on your web
server where you provide the source packages of the OSS binaries you
use.  It's not sufficient to link to the upstream project page.  That's
a common misconception.

Corinna

Red Hat