This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Patch] Loading cygwin1.dll from MinGW and MSVC
- From: Joshua Daniel Franklin <joshuadfranklin at gmail dot com>
- To: Max Kaehn <slothman at electric-cloud dot com>
- Cc: cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 17:53:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: [Patch] Loading cygwin1.dll from MinGW and MSVC
- References: <1117839489.5031.23.camel@fulgurite>
- Reply-to: Joshua Daniel Franklin <joshuadfranklin at gmail dot com>
On 6/3/05, Max Kaehn wrote:
> This patch contains the changes to make it possible to dynamically load
> cygwin1.dll from MinGW and MSVC applications. The changes to dcrt0.cc are
> minimal and only affect cygwin_dll_init(). I've also added a MinGW test
> program to testsuite and a FAQ so people will be able to locate the
> test program easily.
Assuming the code patches are fine, instead of a new section could we just
add your FAQ hint to "How do I link against `cygwin1.dll' with Visual Studio?"
The title could be changed to something like "How do I use `cygwin1.dll' with
MinGW or Visual Studio?"
I'm a little torn since I'm not sure this is actually frequently asked but it's
certainly good to have the info. Ideally I can put it in the User's Guide.