This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: no comment......
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'rtfm! rtfm! rtfm! oh wait a minute the manual is wrong after all!'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 14:31:59 +0100
- Subject: RE: no comment......
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>From: Corinna Vinschen
>Sent: 14 April 2005 13:34
> But I have a comment.
> Reading the user manual is the first important step. Extrapolating from
> the user manual is the next important step. If something's missing (a
> user manual *can't* contain every border case), experimenting is the next
> step. If that would come more naturally to people, the traffic on the
> Cygwin list would drop by 80%.
Well, of course. But let's face it: in a world where AOL'ers can't even
tell if they're subscribed to a mailing list or not, I think we should count
ourselves lucky if they even get to step one!
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....