This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: The beers are on me!
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'einstein is nothing to do with relativity it's what you order in a bierkeller'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:48:30 +0100
- Subject: RE: The beers are on me!
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>From: Corinna Vinschen
>Sent: 14 April 2005 16:38
> On Apr 14 11:32, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 04:29:58PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>>> ... I'm celebrating!
>>> After a bit over a year of patient cajoling, wheedling, begging,
>>> moaning, threatening, demanding, bribery corruption misuse of influence
>>> and sheer abuse of power[*] I've finally secured my employer
>>> disclaimers for cygwin and gnu! I'm very glad to say that I will no
>>> longer have to limit myself to patches that can squeak in under the
>>> trivial-less-than-ten-lines rule!
>>> So to celebrate having regained my intellectual freedom, I'm going down
>>> the pub tonight and the beers are on me! I'll get drinks for anyone who
>>> can make it to Cambridge by last orders tonight[**].
>>> [*] - delete as appropriate [**] - This offer void in
>> Too bad for me. Corinna, here's your chance! You like beer, right?
> Can I get a alcohol-free one? Half-half with lemonade?
<boggle> YOU'RE NOT REALLY GERMAN AT ALL!
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....