This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: The beers are on me!
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'glug glug glug glug hic!'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 10:04:38 +0100
- Subject: RE: The beers are on me!
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>From: Lionel B
>Sent: 15 April 2005 09:48
> "Dave Korn" wrote in message
>> ----Original Message----
>>> From: Reini Urban
>>> Sent: 14 April 2005 18:03
>>> ... some anonymous:
>>>>>> Too bad for me. Corinna, here's your chance! You like beer, right?
>>>>> Can I get a alcohol-free one? Half-half with lemonade?
>>>> <boggle> YOU'RE NOT REALLY GERMAN AT ALL!
>>> A lot of germans drink "Radler"!
>>> That's how the lemonade - beer mix is called here.
>> We call it 'shandy' here, just in case you don't already know that.
>>> Either with Fanta or better with Almdudler.
>> I sometimes drink my beer half-half as well. But I don't mix it with
>> lemonade. I use cider!
> We call that "snakebite" here (UK).
> Bar staff will generally refuse to
> serve it to anyone over 14 without gelled-up hair.
It never went out of fashion in Cambridge!
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....