This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: offtopic helmet polishing (was Re: rm fails to remove symbolic links to directories)
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:58:06 -0400
- Subject: Re: offtopic helmet polishing (was Re: rm fails to remove symbolic links to directories)
- References: <20050420141836.GB13412@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <SERRANOaq0sllOIiBUo00000053@SERRANO.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 03:30:03PM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:
>>From: Christopher Faylor
>>Sent: 20 April 2005 15:19
>>On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 10:56:05AM +0100, Lionel B wrote:
>>>"Christopher Faylor" wrote ...
>>>>Actually, all kidding aside, this is correct, right? They think that
>>>>whales and hippos came from a common ancestor, don't they?
>>>Any two species that ever existed on the planet have a common ancestral
>>>species... ok, for a T. Rex and a greengage plum you might have to go
>>>back a bit.
>>Yes, my education did progress beyond the second grade. Do you REALLY
>>think that anyone reading this list is so ill-informed as to not
>>understand how evolution works and needs to be educated on something
>Well, I kinda hate to point this out, but given the state of education
>in the southern states these days, there are probably a few
>creationists on the list who really are that ill-informed, do not
>understand how evolution works, and are in *desperate* need of an
So, I sent something out about a "common ancestor" and royally confused
all of the Southern Baptists reading the list. I think it is extremely
unlikely. I'm not aware of any school system which has completely
thrown out evolutionary text books.
I think your premise is flawed anyway. I think most creationists
understand at least the "common ancestor" part of evolutionary theory.
They may get it wrong and think that this means that man was descended
from apes but they do at least have a glimmering of understanding of