This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: offtopic helmet polishing (was Re: rm fails to remove symbolic links to directories)
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: 'Squabble Amongst Yourselves' <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 17:07:08 +0200
- Subject: Re: offtopic helmet polishing (was Re: rm fails to remove symbolic links to directories)
- References: <426667A8.E600085D@dessent.net> <SERRANOFemE6BmxrKPC00000057@SERRANO.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
On Apr 20 15:54, Dave Korn wrote:
> ----Original Message----
> >From: Brian Dessent
> >Sent: 20 April 2005 15:31
> > Christopher Faylor wrote:
> >>> Any two species that ever existed on the planet have a common ancestral
> >>> species... ok, for a T. Rex and a greengage plum you might have to go
> >>> back a bit.
> >> Yes, my education did progress beyond the second grade. Do you REALLY
> >> think that anyone reading this list is so ill-informed as to not
> >> understand how evolution works and needs to be educated on something
> >> this basic?
> >> I suppose if I'd said "recent common ancestor" someone would have said
> >> "It's not so RECENT. It was 2.5 million YEARS ago."
> > Note: This thread contains material on evolution. Evolution is a
> > theory, not a fact, regarding the origin of living things. This
> > material should be approached with an open mind, studied carefully, and
> > critically considered.
> Note: This thread contains material on creationism. Creationism is a
> fantasy, not a theory, nor a fact, entirely uncontaminated by such base
> material considerations as 'evidence' or 'proof', and as such should be
> treated with *extreme* caution, as the tendency of the human mind to engage
> in wish-fulfillment by means of self-delusion is well documented.
So we haven't been created by aliens from outer space 20000 years ago?
*Now* I'm worried...