Re: bash/fork problem on Win server 2003 with terminal serve

"Christopher Faylor" wrote...
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 04:05:35PM +0100, Lionel B wrote:

> >> I don't really understand the confusion.  You asked "Is that correct?"
> >> Corinna said "No".
> >
> >Riiiiight ...  let's see now.  So my statement "the fix doesn't appear
> >to have made it into the 1.5.15-1 release" is *not* correct...  so the
> >fix *did* make it into the release after all.  That's strange, because
> >I downloaded it, tried it and came to the conclusion that, since I
> >still appeared[1] to have the same problem, the fix probably[1]
> >*hadn't* made it into the release.  Now I'm *really* confused.
> >
> >[1] I thought it conceivable that the fix might have been "un-fixed" by
> >some other change, or that I could even be experiencing a different
> >problem.  Hence my mailing the list for confirmation.
>
> Sorry.  I must have missed the part where you mentioned that you'd downloaded
> 1.5.15, tried it, found that the problem was still there despite having been
> fixed in a snapshot,

Fair enough. My bad. I should have made that clear.

> and provided cygcheck output along the guidelines at
> http://cygwin.com/problems.html.
>
> I guess both Corinna and I missed the fact that you'd already downloaded
> the latest version since we both assumed you were waiting for someone to
> answer your question before downloading.

In fact I was waiting for someone to answer my question before sending cygcheck output, since if the fix wasn't there
anyway there'd have been little point in re-reporting a problem for which a fix was apparently known.

I shall send in a new problem report as soon as I can tear myself away from this list...