This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: offtopic helmet polishing (was Re: rm fails to remove symbolic links to directories)
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'the harder you believe in something does not make it more likely to be true, it just makes _you_ more likely to become mentally ill'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:10:59 +0100
- Subject: RE: offtopic helmet polishing (was Re: rm fails to remove symbolic links to directories)
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>From: Robb, Sam
>Sent: 20 April 2005 18:55
> At this point, I'm not sure how to resolve the apparent contradiction
> between human observation and faith.
In science, we have this wonderful concept, called "evidence".
Observation generates evidence; faith does not. In fact, faith is an
invitation to self-delusion, since it consists mainly in the false inference
that the apparent strength and clarity of a perception or belief is an
indication of the accuracy of its relation to reality, which is a total
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....