This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
how does mailx work
- From: Carlo Florendo <list-subscriber at hq dot astra dot ph>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 13:45:29 +0800
- Subject: how does mailx work
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
I've searched the net for mailing lists regarding mailx but there seems
to be none. Then why ask about it in cygwin-talk? Well, since it is
off-topic on the cygwin list and I might as well try my luck here, where
all of you are intelligent.
Here's the question: How does mailx know which MX to use? I've got a
linux box with the hostname test.mybox.org. Now, whenever I invoke
"mail <user>@mybox.org", it delivers the mail to <user>'s mailbox in the
local machine. How come it thinks that mybox.com is the local machine?
The local machine is test.mybox.org but *not* mybox.org.
Astra Philippines Inc.