This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: pwd vs $PWD, bash, cygwin vs Linux
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 16:48:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: pwd vs $PWD, bash, cygwin vs Linux
- References: <email@example.com> <SERRANOdZ06YO4OPXok000001fa@SERRANO.CAM.ARTIMI.COM> <20050504160421.GQ24661@trixie.casa.cgf.cx> <20050504202544.GA3552@efn.org>
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 01:25:44PM -0700, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
>On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 12:04:22PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>Of course, you could just put a
>>SHELL = /bin/bash
>>in the Makefile but then, gasp!, you'd be modifying the makefile and
>>shirley you don't intend every person in this space time continuum to
>I don't see Shirley's message in the archives, and I don't seem to have
>received it; what did she say?
Surely you must have missed it.
Btw, I sort of expected Dave to play along with that shirley/space time
thing. It wasn't intended as a disparagement of his SHELL= solution.