This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] Uninstall .dll last, reinstall first - final version
- From: Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes <sthoenna at efn dot org>
- To: cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 17:08:28 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Uninstall .dll last, reinstall first - final version
- References: <04c801c55011$986f3c20$e6ec6f83@chimaera> <BAY19-F34FCC895BD92165162C56BB5180@phx.gbl> <20050504010236.GB23476@trixie.casa.cgf.cx>
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 09:02:36PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 04:16:54PM -0700, Karl M wrote:
> >Hi All...
> >Should the actual file deletion be moved to a later phase? What I mean is
> >where deletions are now performed, should files to be deleted be appended
> >to a list (of files to be deleted), and then deleted all at once?
> It seems like files should only be deleted after all of the postinstall
> scripts have run.
That would work, especially if there was a postpostinstall step that