This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the cygwin project.
RE: pwd vs $PWD, bash, cygwin vs Linux
- From: "Dave Korn" <dave dot korn at artimi dot com>
- To: "'wooble beeble arp gloop ftong'" <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 10:09:35 +0100
- Subject: RE: pwd vs $PWD, bash, cygwin vs Linux
- Reply-to: Talk Amongst Yourselves <cygwin-talk at cygwin dot com>
>From: Christopher Faylor
>Sent: 04 May 2005 21:48
> On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 01:25:44PM -0700, Yitzchak Scott-Thoennes wrote:
>> On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 12:04:22PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>> Of course, you could just put a
>>> SHELL = /bin/bash
>>> in the Makefile but then, gasp!, you'd be modifying the makefile and
>>> shirley you don't intend every person in this space time continuum to
>>> do that.
>> I don't see Shirley's message in the archives, and I don't seem to have
>> received it; what did she say?
> Surely you must have missed it.
> Btw, I sort of expected Dave to play along with that shirley/space time
> thing. It wasn't intended as a disparagement of his SHELL= solution.
I was caught up in a space-time situation of my own owing to $TZ making it
time to go home!
Can't think of a witty .sigline today....